Migrating from Internet Explorer to Edge, Chrome or Firefox
Microsoft has retired Internet Explorer and will go out of support on June 15, 2022. Click here to read more from Microsoft on this. Continuing to use a browser not supported will result in serious security risks and vulnerabilities. Click here to read more on what Microsoft says. Considering this it is advisable to migrate to other new browsers like Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
If you are working in an organisation like Bank, Large Corporates etc., browser installations will be mostly managed by the internal technical support team. In such cases, please raise a ticket requesting your technical support team to install Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Mozilla. Kindly note you can have more than one browser on your PC if you want.
Please find below steps to download and install browsers on your own if you have the rights to install browsers.
I. Steps to Download and Install Microsoft Edge:
In most computers Microsoft Edge will be built-in by default. Meaning you dont have to separately download and install them. To check if you have Microsoft Edge Installed or not, Open your start menu and search for Microsoft Edge. If install you will see search result like in below screenshot. You can click on “Open” to open and start using Microsoft Edge.
If Microsoft Edge is not installed, please follow below steps to install Microsoft Edge..
- Open your current Internet browser and go to the Microsoft Edge download page.
- Click the Download button, depending on your version of Windows.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Microsoft Edge.
II. Steps to Download and Install Google Chrome:
- Open your current Internet browser and go to the Google Chrome download page.
- Click on Download Chrome Button to download latest version of Google Chrome.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Google Chrome.
III. Steps to Download and Install Mozilla Firefox:
- Open your current Internet browser and go to the Mozilla Firefox download page.
- Click on Download Firefox button to download latest version of Mozilla Firefox.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Mozilla Firefox.